Welcome to our website !

AERIANE COHEN

interior design/ artist

Gratitude Journal

By 8:19:00 AM ,



Does the positive way of thinking help to live brighter and banish negativity? Do the positive affirmations improving, in general, your life and life of your loved ones and your family members?
Considering my experience, I can answer «Yes» and «No».
Yes, because it is working. No, because it is not working if you are not following basic principles and just automatically repeating mantras and affirmations.

But in this article, I would like to think and rethink another part of all «positive thinking» theories. And it is Gratefulness.
Saying Sorry to all and everybody became a part of everyday behavior. And this is great, especially when it is said not on auto-pilot but with full meaning in the heart.
And how many times per day do we say Thank you? Yesterday I decided to count. On average, I said Thank you for five to ten times per hour. And how many of them I said honestly keeping meaning in view?
And what about being grateful to yourself? And to your life?
The first research about Gratitude Journal was made in 2003 by Emmons & McCullough and after that, it was the real boom in all bookstores. And now in 2016 you can not only buy the paper version, but there are several applications on the market for your device( phone or pad).
And why it became so popular?
I have started my gratitude journal a week ago. I decided to give it a try, taste it and then share my experience with the world.
So what can I say?
First, I created time and space for it, ten minutes of my life, right before to go to bed. I decided that to continue doing that I should, first of all, feel something special at these moments.And I am lighting the candle and tuning myself on the right wave.
Then, I open my special journal and write everything I am grateful for. “Special” is not because it was very fancy and expensive. I took my small old notebook and decorated it lightly by myself. “You don’t need to buy a fancy personal journal to record your entries in, or worry about spelling or grammar,” says Robert Emmons, the author of Gratitude Works!: A 21-Day Program for Creating Emotional Prosperity. “The important thing is to establish the habit of paying attention to gratitude-inspiring events.”
I can write down something simple like spending lovely time with my friends or summer rain and fresh air after. Or it can be something more meaningful.
What I have noticed right on the second day is the process of reviewing your day and then remembering not just good things that happen but also negative- this process can be very transformational. At least for me. As sometimes at the end of the day you can clearly see that some of the first adverse events were eventually helpful somehow or even positive. For example, you wanted to get some job, but they picked up another person. You were angry, disappointed, frustrated but right at the end of the day; you got another job offer, even more, exciting and perspective.

Being grateful is another state of mind and the more you are keeping focused on positive vibrations, the more the law of attraction is working for you. And keeping Gratitude Journal and feeling the blank space at the end of the day are helping to induce yourself being more on the major tonality.


Peace, Love and Good Vibes only!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. very helpful) but i think it is hard to be persistent

    ReplyDelete