Welcome to our website !

AERIANE COHEN

interior design/ artist

Why Meditate?

By 3:37:00 PM ,



Why do I meditate?

Do you ever watch clouds in the sky? Or the water in the river or the ocean? Have you ever being a kid in bath put your head under the water and listen to this calming noise?
If yes, now you know what you were doing – it was meditation.


I distinctly member myself little girl who was traveling as a piano player. It was exciting but mostly overwhelming for such a fragile child's psyche. Hands before the concerts were always wet and shaky. And it was the problem because it has had the significant impact on how I was playing.  And what my grandmother once suggested to my mother is to sit quietly in some dark place with the straight back, close eyes and just following the breath and watch self from a distance. Well, I am pretty sure my grandma did not have any idea that it was a real meditation. And that is how I start doing that without even knowing anything about it.
Of course with time I forgot this helpful trick. And I bumped into this new movement: Yoga, Meditation, etc. It was beautiful, little far away and look like some fairytale. It was a lot of pictures, magnetizing and very spiritual. And it seemed very hard as well. At least other people like teachers or similar wanted me to see.
I went through a lot in different kind of Meditations. Most of them were with music. And after that, i felt very relaxed but also rather drunk and not in right state of mind, not conscious. It starts to feel little wrong and weird. Then was a period of Kundalini Yoga with singing and repeating mantras. It was also wonderful but still did not give to mind clarify picture and focus.
I decided to simplify my daily meditation. With no music, no scents, no any other additional special effects. The first week I was sitting ten to fifteen minutes quite and just watching the breath.
Then I start to put my attention to different parts of the body and blend this feeling with breath.
And approximately after two or three months my meditation practice naturally extended to thirty to forty minutes meditation and I became a Spiritual Guide to myself.
The benefits of doing meditation are countless.
First, grounding and calming. Not just mind but the whole system as well.
Second, feeling your body helps you to prevent any disease. In my case, it helps me with my migraines and severe headaches. If I am not stating my daily morning routine with meditation at least ten minutes it is almost a hundred percent I will get a headache that will grow in a migraine.

Third, it is scientifically proved that deep meditation is like a several hours of sleep. So your body and mind are recovering , as well as all nervous system.

As you see it is so many benefits and everyone is finding their own ones. 
I hope this article will encourage you to try it and please do not hesitate ask me any questions!

Be well, be inspired!

You Might Also Like

0 comments